Saturday, June 11, 2011

It should be summer, but still feels like spring.

I love spring and technically we are still in it, but normally at this time we're wearing shorts and t-shirts, but today I contemplated a long sleeve t-shirt. June 10, hmmm. I didn't do it but instead wore a sweatshirt over the short sleeve t-shirt.


Back to spring Mer, I love it, and look forward to spring every year.   I get this feeling inside and I just want to sing.
I made these's  a few months ago and was inspired while making birthday cards. These colorful butterflies currently are clipped to a ribbon in my front room. They definitely add to the spring feel.
Years ago I purchased some small clothes pins(approx. 1" long), and used them on the back of the butterfly.  From top to bottom, these butterflies measure approx. 3".  
While I was putting ribbon on a present I added a butterfly to the ribbon and clipped the card to it.  A nice embellishment to the package.  I have also attached them to gift bags to hold the handle closed again including the card. (When using on the handle I had to use a bigger clothes pin.)
These butterflies are detailed and can be used for home decoration or for presents.  You can purchase a  single butterfly or a set of 3, click here to view my Etsy store.



You can get an idea of the size of the clothes pin I used, but you can use what you have around the house even a large paperclip.


These butterflies really turned out amazing. I was even thinking of cutting some out of material and making a butterfly mobile. the possibilities.





I had some small round dowels 12" long and I put them in between the body of the butterfly. You could use a kabob stick too and the pointy part could be put into a plant.


These two were an added bonus, Pinwheels, (display only they don't spin) the center is a brad. I was on a roll. 
I had both the butterflies and the pinwheels on the dowels in a small vase.

Save the date:
Make & take class on these butterflies & pinwheels is currently scheduled for June 24th 6:00pm-8:00pm
Cost: $5.00 includes 1 butterfly and 1 pinwheel
Each additional item will be $1.50.
RSVP is required at Creative Juices Design Studio.




No comments:

Post a Comment