Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Giving the gift of Creativity!!

For the last few years a good friend of mine has asked me if I wanted to donate to her daughters fundraiser and every year I say yes and... I don't. The event comes and goes and no donation from me.  Know why? because I didn't think I was creative.... Well Well Well how do I preach that we all have creativity, and not believe I have any myself?  I have no idea, but I have. Maybe in a moment of weakness, maybe when I feel vulnerable, or maybe I am just PMS'ing.  Whatever the reason this year I made a New Years resolution and that was to get rid of any negative thoughts of not being creative.  Yes that is right so when I hear that voice, you know "THAT VOICE" it says something like blah blah blah you are not creative blah blah blah. I change the voice, I am creative Yes I am creative.  I can make and create fun crafty things.  I always feel better after that.

So guess what.... yup I did it, I was creative and made a box not just any box one out of cardstock....for a fundraiser, and I put things in it.   I realize I have been making cards and tagss just for this moment.

Look  I put all sorts of things in the box:


Variety of hand crafted cards, tags and more

5 x 8 box 

Box top is on the left bottom on right
The box was very very very easy to make. 
Supplies you will need: 
Either a Martha Stewart scoring board, and a bone folder, or a fiskars paper trimmer with changeable blades. (I have the fiskars paper trimmer and scoring blade). 
Paper trimmer to cut paper
Tape or glue
2 pieces of paper

Lets say you want to make a square box  the base is 4 x 4 x 2.  Your paper size should be 8x8

 1. Using your paper trimmer (cutting blade on) cut 1 sheet of paper 8 x8. On the second piece of paper you want to cut it 8 1/8" on two sides 

2. Using the scoring tool go in 2" on each side of the paper and score you will have lines on the paper that makes it easier to fold.  Do this on both pieces of paper.

3. You will notice small squares on the corner of the paper cut 2"  only one par, one side of  the scored paper. Do this on each corner. You will have a flap to glue or tape inside the box.

4. Glue and fold the flap inside the box to create a corner. Do this for all 4 corners. you now have the bottom of the box. 

5. Repeat for top of box. the paper for the top that was a little bigger will fit perfect over the bottom of the box.  

If you have any questions on the box or need help making one, leave a comment and I will get back to you shortly!

So the fundraiser this year,  ohhh yeah I did it, ahha  I did  it!!!!!
Creativity grows bigger every time you believe, you are Creative.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment