Monday, January 31, 2011

Being Creative is in everyone of us!



Yes it is true, we all have been given the gift of creativity. How we use it and how we see it are just as important as realizing you have it. Some people are creative in cooking (me definitely not). Some in sewing, some in organizing, painting, or decorating a home.


Me definitely crafts, paper crafts to be more specific. When I was a kid my mom made crafts to make extra money. She made all sorts of things, nothing I was really interested in, but I was lucky enough to know about them and know where to go to get what was needed.


I started as a young person painting. I painted boxes yes small wood boxes. I painted them with sunflowers on the top.  I love sunflowers I think they are the flower that sing.  I painted them for years. I even went so far as to sell them one holiday season.  I added silk flowers on the top of some of them.  I really enjoyed painting them. During that time I never really considered myself creative.  


My next experience was with pastels. I love the way they blend and look together, no I cant say I did those very well, but I sure thought I could.  


I did some more painting this time on canvas,  large and small.   Mosaic on terra-cota planters and birdhouses was another craft I tried (not my thing). Candle making was another craft I tried, still not my thing.


Crafts with my daughter came next, all kinds: rainbows on the wall made with my daughters hand prints, valentines, easter egg crafts, hmmmm some other things I am sure.  


Where all these experiences led me was to paper. One of my favorite things (I think that makes 2 favorites now) I am so amazed with all the amazing things we can do with paper and all the different colors and designs paper comes in. Certain colors  and designs make me feel really good.











When I start working on something I usually don't know how it will end up.  I begin with what, what do I want to make. Lets say I want to make a Thank you card. What color do I want to start with I ask myself, and then I listen, This is one of my Birthday creations.


I also really like to journal my thought and ideas, (definitely a place I can go to get thoughts out of my head!!!). Writing is creative, actually it helps me be creative. I get out things stuck in my head in turn my creativity flows.


I am sure if you think back wayyyy back you will find creativity in your life.


What do you do to be creative and how do you share your creativity with the people in your life?


Thank you for being creative!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment