Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Another Birthday Card Idea


Okay so I had a friend over this weekend and we were working on some things. She her scrapbook pages and me cards and a hanging frame set I am making for my daughter (I will include pictures soon).
I wanted to make a few more birthday cards and when I found a fun font on my cricut, I cut out several and placed them on a card and just wasn't happy with it so I added some "garland" well what I call garland is kinda like ivy and placed it under the the mat holding Happy Birthday. I was quite happy with how it turned out.

All of this was done with scraps of paper. I am all for using what you have so if you are making a birthday card, use what you have on hand.

To make this card without a cricut is just as easy and creative. Find paper or cardstock(preferably) in the size of 5 1/2"L x 8"W, folding it in half so it is 5 1/2"Lx 4"W. The envelope size is A2. Find coordinating color to make a mat (I used purple) The purple mat is 3"L x 3/4"W You can play with the size and see what you like best. I used a cut out for the Happy Birthday, but you could use a thick felt colored pen and write Happy Birthday. The "garland" I used the cricut and cutout the design, again you can use the pen you used to write Happy Birthday to do swirly designs on the card itself, glue or tape the mat behind on top of the swirls and you have your card. If you card is a dark color on the inside you can use another lighter color of paper 5"L x3 1/2"W to write your message on.

Give it a try and show me what you come up with.

Time to be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment