Friday, April 27, 2012


Repurposed glassware. 
Hello again, I have something new to add to my creative world. I saw something similar at a craft faire and loved it. 
I wanted to make something a bit different as birthday gifts to give to friends and family. Something that was useful and could be displayed. I wanted to make cupcake plates. The plates I found were a bit larger than I was looking for, but I really liked them. I picked up a few at a local store and then began looking for the pedestal of the plates. I found several glasses and odd items, and began creating.  When I decided on what I wanted, I glued the pedestal to the plates and viola! I had a new purpose, hehee repurpose. I also have the double dessert plate just lovely.  Instead of 1 cupcake I can have 2, or I can put some mini cupcakes, or cookies on it and wrap it up. 


 I also though that instead of a cupcake plate it could be used for jewelry or candles, you could even find a fun silver frame to place on top of it.  Let you creative juices flow!


I have been out scouting for more unique repurposed plates and pedestals. I will offer these new plates for sale thru etsy, and a class locally for people interested in learning this fun technique. Look out for more information on these fun unique and easy to make repurposed dessert plates!


Enjoy as always,
Creative Juices Design Studio



left to right  bottom, Candle stick wine glass and dessert glass on the bottom of the plate




Dessert/wine glass right side up


Candlestick

This glass turned upside down

No comments:

Post a Comment