Sunday, August 7, 2011


Is it me or are you crooked?





In May I was lucky enough to go to Italy with my husband.  I have not stopped thinking about it,  Not just one thing but the whole trip, was amazing.  The weather, the food, the company, even the scenery.  The trip was more than I expected.




I wanted to share my experience with a friend and made a card for them.  What do you think?
I was not going for this look yet, I ended up loving it.
I like the idea of the eyelets and raffia (on the left of the card).   The card stock I choose is rust, around the edges the it is a lighter rust, that is because the core of the paper has been colored a lighter shade of the outer color  I used a card stock from a company called core'dination's they offer a unique type of paper that is dyed all the way thru. A lot of card stocks have a white core and so if you want to add another color you would have to add a mat behind the photo, but with this paper you can use the technique of tearing and already have you mat, and color together.
This  is another example of what you can do with this paper:
See what I used for a design

I put a outline of a giraffe under the paper
  and used the emery board to rub the top of the paper, kinda like with the leaf and crayon when you were a kid.

This piece I tore and used as mats. for another page.




Giving note cards as gifts to friends is a great way to share who you are and what you enjoy.
Adding personal pictures is a great way to do so too. You can use picture of the family or of a vacation you just took. what ever the life experience is you can share.
Cards can be as simple as placing a picture on a card stock and embellishing it to lots of detail, it is certainly an individual preference.  I prefer the "less is more" technique of creating.  This card has less and more, I feel it from the picture and yet allows the receiver of the card the opportunity to experience what you saw thru your eyes. 
I am already working on holiday gifts  for family and friends with this idea. 
Have a new baby, just came back with amazing photos from a trip, looking for some ideas on how to incorporate them in to cards?
Join us on August  26th
        6:00pm - 8:00pm 
 Make & Take: note cards class
Cost:  $5.00

Bring 3-5 pictures you would like to use on a card.
3 cards are included in the class.
Each additional card will cost only $1.00 





No comments:

Post a Comment